Saturday, November 7, 2009

The Cowboy Way Might Be the Only Way



Catch up with me in a month or less, I hope. I still have stories to tell. And who knows things might get better fast.

I have worked hard against a vicious disease for years... nothing on the outside could bring be the happiness except a constant sense of inner bliss. Photography has kept me going and I am thankful that I found it despite the obvious downfalls.

This is much and not all of what I am experiencing right now. Not all. Hospitalization which is the normal course is not a possibility. Like many, I can't afford it. So, I am hiding out in my apartment and trying to slowly get things done, day to day.

I thought to myself...should I divulge such private information to cyberspace and then I realized, perhaps, it might help someone. If I can show the difficulties and humanity of others, does it make my work any better or any worse?

Nardil, my drug of choice or rather the precious gods of pharmaceuticals that toy and play with meds because they just don't know.

NARDIL Withdrawal Symptoms May Include:

aggression, anxiety, balance issues , blurred vision , brain zaps, concentration impairment, constipation, crying spells, depersonalization, diarrhea, dizziness. electric shock sensations, fatigue, flatulence, flu-like symptoms, hallucinations, hostility, highly emotional, indigestion, irritability, impaired speech, insomnia, jumpy nerves, lack of coordination, lethargy, migraine headaches / increased headaches, nausea, nervousness, over-reacting to situations, paranoia, repetitive thoughts or songs, sensory & sleep disturbances, severe internal restlessness (akathasia), stomach cramps, tremors, tinnitus (ear ringing or buzzing), tingling sensations, troubling thoughts, visual hallucinations / illusions, vivid dreams, speech visual changes, worsened depression

Because MAOI’s affect numerous bodily functions, stopping NARDIL incorrectly can adversely affect many areas simultaneously. Gradual dose reduction (also known as tapering), combined with specific nutritional support is recommended to support the body and brain during the withdrawal process.

They haven't left a think out.

What isn't on these lists? Last chance charlie.

Is this for real? Yes, much of it certainly is except for the unpleasant gastrointestinal symptoms.

Thanks to dear friends who have been by my side. There never was a good time for this.

"If you are an MAOI than you cannot take this medication", it monotony is blaring from every pharmaceutical commercial. I've been on Nardil for eight years and after the first year, it never really worked much. But, I kept moving somehow. I love photography. The most glamorous thing I can say about Nardil is that the only other person, I know of that was on it was Marilyn Monroe.

3 comments:

Greycap Studios said...

We're behind you. We might not talk to you, or be there in your daily life, but your in ours. You're an amazing photographer. We need you. Besides I don't want to take you off my blog list, that's too much work. On top of that I need another project from you so I can rip you off. Seriously though, take care, we really do need you.

JuJu said...

thanks for the kind comment. it really means a lot that people care for other people even in this strange cyber spaces that we create.

and don't copy me....copy someone else. you might not end up where i am right now...which might be another blog entry.

peace!

Chriss Pagani said...

Well, I don't want to repeat myself but hopefully you can spend some extra time with people who know you in real life - it helps in my experience. Things can get pretty weird quitting meds like this, I know. The longer you've been taking it, the harder it is.

But you CAN get through it, and you will.

We've never met in real life, I'm just a sister traveler who found your work via Amy Stein. Then over time, I've gotten to know you a little bit in cyberspace - and have come to greatly appreciate you and what you do.

So please remember that there are lots of us out here rooting for you even though we've never met. Hang in there!

C