Saturday, September 17, 2011

Mexico Series on Hold

"Victoria at Parent's Sink", Redding, CT, 9/11. Juliana Beasley.



 I want to thank all the wonderful people in my life who got me through the last couple of weeks; in particular, the last week. Without your support, things would have been much rougher. As most of my family, close friends, Van Vorst dog run comrades, acquainances, and Facebook friends know, my dear Moishe died this past week. I also managed to somehow apply for a grant at the same time; again, without the help of friends like Benj (my dear cousin who has just came into my life and miraculously, at the right time), Drew, Victoria, Jeffrey, Jacques, Amy and John this would have been impossible. I realized how fortunate I am to have such wonderful, caring, interesting, smart and unique people in have in my life.

Now, life goes on. I am spending the weekend out in Connecticut with Victoria at her parents home. It's nice and slow here. I get the chance to step back from my life in Jersey City. It's nice to see Victoria's family. It's hard not see Moishe taking in the country air and sniffing around the ivy and shrubs but I am blessed to have little Howie here who adorns me with an excess of affection and kisses upon the moment I wake.

I took these photos last night of Victoria and the kitchen at her parents place with my new camera apps. I feel the need to be creative even if it means picking up my Android phone and taking crappy low res photos. It's one way that I can move out of myself and connect with the outside world and incorporate it into something visual, something that I can share with others.

I couldn't decide whether I like the tighter shot of the kitchen counter or the wider so, I have posted both.




"Kitchen Counter in Redding 1", Redding, CT, 9/11. Juliana Beasley.





"Victoria in Kitchen #1", Redding, CT, 9/11. Juliana Beasley.





"Kitchen Counter in Redding 2", Redding, CT, 9/11. Juliana Beasley.

1 comment:

Mark Tucker said...

Juliana, Very sorry to read about Moishe. I've been wondering about that situation lately, after seeing a few other posts on FB. There's nothing I can say to lessen the pain, but just go easy with yourself. -Mark